Job Title: Executive Assistant and Office Manager
Organization: Habitat for Humanity Hungary
Reports to: National Director (ND)
Executive Assistant and Office Manager – Position Summary
The Executive Assistant and Office Manager’s primary responsibility is to provide direct administrative support to the ND, manage and supervise the office operations and activities. He/she works closely with the Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) to ensure the smooth operation of all finance matters. He/she performs administrative, office management and coordination duties and ensures the installation of appropriate systems and tools for the team.
The ideal candidate is experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks, exceedingly well organized and flexible, and enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting a small office of diverse people and programs. This individual must be able to function effectively in a variety of roles within a dynamic environment under minimum supervision.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual, who is passionate about housing and social issues, to make a key difference in the administrative life of a nonprofit that will have a profound impact on the lives of tens of thousands in Hungary.
Habitat for Humanity is a global, nonprofit housing organization with over 40 years of experience. We empower people in the world’s poorest communities to overcome the chronic lack of decent, affordable housing. Since 1976, we have helped 9.8 million people in over 70 countries. In Europe, the Middle East and Africa, we have supported more than one million people since 2015.
Executive Assistant to ND:
• Support the ND with appointment setting, calendar management, travel arrangements, and correspondence.
• Accurately track expenses for ND by managing credit cards and receipts. Processes and submits receipts accurately and on schedule.
• Assist in board and founder relations, including scheduling, document preparation, and logistics for board meetings.
• Work in a professional and focused manner to schedule internal and external meetings.
• Coordinate weekly staff meetings, take and disseminate meeting notes.
• Assist and independently develop organizational policies and procedures.
• Confident use of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, also Google Apps (e.g. Gmail, Calendar, Drive docs, etc.).
• Maintain confidentiality and use a high degree of discretion.
Finance & HR support
• Assist with recruitment of staff, job adverts, new hire orientations, on-boarding, terminations and maintenance of personal files.
• Closely support the Construction project manager in finance related tasks, especially with cost allocation planning and revision.
• Assist the Director of Finance and Administration (DFA)
o with timesheet and absence management and record keeping,
o with the collation and recording of invoices for payment runs,
o with the maintenance of staff personnel files,
o with financial and HR record keeping where required,
o liaise with the outsourced accountancy company when needed.
• Closely work and coordinate with the Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) in all office management related issues
• Maintain and develop punctual, regular and predictable attendance system.
• Work collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation and as a relationship builder.
• Perform receptionist duties or arrange the management of it: answering the phone, taking messages, filing mail processing and office cleanliness and presentation.
• Run errands, manage supplies, and all relevant vendor relations.
• Maintain and develop paper and online records and defining procedures for their retention, protection, retrieval, transfer and disposal;
• Develop a transparent and easy to use file systems for the team.
• Problem solves any technical challenges with computer systems, email and networks as needed.
• Coordinate the hiring of interns.
• Act as a liaison with the landlord and building management in any office-related issues.
• Act as a liaison with IT and Desktop Support company on all technology-related issues, including system development and rapid response to the IT system failures and network outages.
• General office/facilities management duties include:
o Managing the inventory of office supplies, ordering additional supplies as needed and ensuring appropriate cost and quality management;
o Maintaining office facilities and equipment by assisting with procurement and routine maintenance and upkeep.
o Planning space allocations as required; arranging for and supervising building maintenance.
o Provide other daily support to staff as needed.
Skills and Experience
• University or college degree.
• At least 2 years of solid administrative experience in an office setting.
• Prior experience in international and/or non-profit organizations.
• Economic, financial degree is an advantage.
• Excellent verbal and written communications, networking, and presentation skills (in English);
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex tasks and prioritize competing demands in order to meet deadlines.
• Excellent numeracy and knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Apps.
The successful candidate is:
• Committed to, and enthusiastic about, the mission, vision and values of Habitat for Humanity Hungary.
• Strategic thinker who is adept at multi-tasking in fast paced environment, able to plan, prioritize, and organize individual and group activities and processes.
• Outgoing, straightforward, and creative.
• Able to work independently and take initiative.
• Results oriented.
• Adaptable, flexible problem-solver.
• Team-focused, enjoy working as part of an active group of highly engaged individuals, sharing information readily with co-workers, and listening to and respecting others.
• Able and willing to assist co-workers in the development of their own professional skills to ensure the team’s success.
• A person who presents a high degree of maturity, honesty, trust, sophistication, and integrity and cultivates these qualities in others.
Applications should be submitted in English and include a CV, cover letter (maximum one page) and contact details of two referees. Please send applications by email in PDF or MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org, including ‘Habitat – Executive Assistant & Office Manager’ in the subject line. The closing date is 13 August 2017. Please note that only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.